Tuesday, April 7, 2015

LOTS TO DO AND WHERE TO START...



So, I am preparing for a three day trip into the state next to mine, to meet family i've never met, and to see the ocean for a day. My 13 year old son and 8 year old granddaughter are going with me. My hotel reservations are made.
And that's it......
I have tons of things to get done and I leave in two days. My boyfriend will be here to take care of my elderly dog. I need to make sure all 8 of her incontinence pads are washed (I wash all 8 about every 2 days) and I need to do the last of the laundry,  and go over all my car's fluids and tires etc. Also have to clean the darn thing. Keeping a sparkling trash-free car is definitely not my strong point. I have to make sure I have the appropriate spending and emergency money out of the bank, make lists of what to pack, and actually pack.
I also want to do a light cleaning before I go...
Oh, and color the gray out of my hair...

So here I sit...tired from working night shift and only getting 4 hours of sleep a day, and agonizing over all the "stuff" I have to do.

My "ADD voice" in my head says that it is only Tuesday afternoon (I leave Thursday early evening)
I hate my ADD voice.
And I hate that nothing is ever urgent until it's so close that my nose is touching it! It's my worst struggle.

They say nothing accomplishes things as well as the LAST MINUTE...
Oh how I identify!

No comments:

Post a Comment