Thursday, January 8, 2015

Where I Stand Now...




     As my friends in my ADD support groups know, I've been doing really well getting a handle on things in approx. the last 6 months...using tools I've found by myself and with the help of others.  Things such as healthier eating, meditation and positive thinking...until about 3 weeks ago...
    I've been in an awful funk and struggling majorly with things...procrastination, confusion, depression, brain fog, lack of motivation, poor conception of time, forgetfulness, mood swings.
    I just love when ppl think ADD/ADHD is just all about either distraction or hyperactivity, and then proceed to judge you either verbally or just by their eye-rolling attitudes and facial expression. It really pisses me off cuz these smug ppl think they know it all and really know zero. It isn't pleasant to battle this all the time. 
   Yesterday I sat here and cried because I feel so useless to myself, and I know it is my old ADD tapes playing in my head...the stuff you get bashed with since childhood..."Just try harder" "you're just lazy" "what are you doing, pay attention" "you're an airhead" "you just don't care"...
   My boyfriend TJ has ADD too and its at least comforting having someone who I can recognize my own symptoms in...some of his are worse than mine, some of mine are worse than his. Feels good to understand each other and laugh together over some of it. But his mom sadly is real bad with it and my heart goes out to her every time I see her. I understand EXACTLY why and what she is doing when she collects things, spends copious amounts of time picking through things but never getting anywhere, or gets distracted by things and gets totally side-tracked.
 
  People need to stop judging and understand this disorder...

    The woman in this picture is the epitomy of how I feel so very much of my time...


   




No comments:

Post a Comment